Not many people know the true professional image of the bail bonds provider in Daytona Beach, Florida. Most people have only had a few experiences seeing a bail bondsman in movies like the ones in "Midnight Run" or "Bail Out." Bail bonds people in Daytona Beach, Florida are nothing like Eddie and Jerry in "Midnight Run." They are people who care about the families and the defendants of the people to which they provide the bail bonds. Their goal is to have defendants released from jail so that they can go to work, spend time with their families and prepare properly for their Daytona Beach, Florida court cases.
The following are five of the common myths that people have about bail bondsmen and the Florida bail bond process:
1. Some people believe that they need to pay for bail bonds assistance in cash only. To the contrary, many Daytona Beach, Florida providers have become quite accommodating. They allow their clients to pay by credit card, wire transfer and direct deposit.
2. Some people are under the impression that a bail amount in Daytona Beach, Florida is a negotiable figure. That is not true. The judge sets the bail amount based upon factors such as prior Florida criminal history, seriousness of the crime and prior handling of bail funds. The judge's decision is final. The only thing the defendant can do is pay or hire a bail bonds company in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Bail Bond Myths in Daytona Beach, Florida
3. Another myth is that the clients have to pay the bail bonds person all the money for the bail before he or she will help to have the defendant released from jail. That is not true either. There are some very kind bail bonds providers who want nothing more than to help families get their relatives freed. Therefore, they will allow their clients to pay in installments. Anyone who is thinking about seeing a bondsman in Daytona Beach, Florida will want to ask many questions before getting involved. The person will need to ask about payment plans, interest rates, fees and other issues that may arise. One has to get a complete picture of the process before applying.
4. The fees that a person pays for bail bonds are non-refundable. They are fees that a a Dayton Beach, Florida has to pay for a service, and they have nothing to do with whether the charges are dropped or the defendant ends up being not guilty. Some people believe that they can get those fees back, but that is not true.
The Biggest Bail Bond Myths in Daytona Beach, Florida
5. Many people believe that bail bonds cannot be revoked, but that is false. A bail bond can be revoked in the case of a person who falls behind on a payment plan. The person should make sure that he or she has the ability to make all the installment payments because the company can renege on the agreement since the person did the same by not paying.
Now that you know a little bit about Daytona Beach, FL bail bonds, you can make an informed decision about whether you want to secure one for your friend or Florida family member. Bail bonds can be a great way to help another person keep a job or a family intact during some stressful, rough and complex legal processes.
Looking for more financial services nearby?